Friday, August 10, 2012

Olympic Fun


I. LOVE. THE. OLYMPICS.

You can ask anyone who knows me, and they will tell you that I am pretty much glued to the TV for the entire two weeks that they are around every four years. I will watch any event that is on. For example, today I watched synchronized swimming and rythmic gymnastics just because. I love to watch the sports and then become an instant expert in that field and comment on everything I see. 

That being said, I am sad that the closing ceremonies are this Sunday. Whatever will I do with my free time now?!

Here are some of my (and I'm sure most of America's) favorite highlights from the games: 


 Gabby Douglas and Aly Raisman winning individual golds for gymnastics (although I love the whole women's gymnastic team as well!)!


 Missy Franklin for swimming. I can't believe she doesn't do endorsements or anything just to stay on her high school swim team! They are very lucky!


Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh Jennings for women's beach volleyball. Threpeat what!? Such an awesome end to their great team partnership!


I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of track, but did anyone see the runner from South Africa who had two amputated legs? How awesome was it to see him compete in the Olympics?!

No comments:

Post a Comment