Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Movie Reviews: Rock of Ages and Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter

In the past four days, I have seen two movies in the theater. One that was my choice, one that was the Hubby's choice. I'll let you decide which was which.



Rock of Ages

Honestly I wasn't expecting it to be soo cheezy. I should know by now that any movie with Russel Brand in it is subject to the cheeze, but for some reason I thought this one would be different. All that aside, it was a fun movie though. It ended with Dont Stop Believin. If you know me, you know that this is an automatic plus in my book. On top of that, there were three Journey songs total! I loved being able to sing along with most of the movie. And although I"m not a Tom Cruise fan normally, something about him in this movie made me want to rethink my decision. On the Bethany Movie Rating Scale, I give this a 3 out of 5. I wanted it to be a 5 soo bad, but it was just too too cheezy. Sorry to disappoint.


and






Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter


To say that this movie was a disappointment would be accurate...if I had any hopes for it in the first place. I obviously did not choose to see this movie. The whole movie can be summed up by the following: Abraham Lincoln turns into a Vampire Hunter and is such throughout the entire Civil War. I like to call it a ninetieth century Buffy the Vampire Slayer, although Buffy would score higher on my list. The only bonus of this movie was the soundtrack, which was pretty great! All in all, I give this a 1 out of 5 on the Bethany Movie Rating Scale. Boom.





While at the movies, I saw previews for two more that I want to see ASAP: Magic Mike and The Katy Perry Movie. More to come after they come out!!!



2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see magic mike and Ted ... And I love the movie reviews... One Saturday night we should get people to go to Allentown to the drive in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh that would be fun! I don't know how I feel about Ted, but I can't wait for Magic Mike!!!!!

    ReplyDelete