Monday, July 30, 2012

Chowdahhhhhhh

Okay I know. No post in over a week. I suck. Yada yada yada. 

Anywhoo....


This past weekend, Pete and I went to the shore. Not just any shore. The Jersey Shore. And we fist-pumped all the way there. 

Okay just kidding. We didn't fist pump, but we did go to Jersey. Long Beach Island to be exact. 
And it. Was. Awesome. 

I had never been there before, so everything was new to me. Pete used to go as a child, so we used his childhood memories to steer us toward what places to go to during our stay. We left on Thursday after work, so by the time we got there, it was too late to beach, but not to late to eat, and we went to the most random restaurant ever called "Buckalews" (on a side note, this was not something from Pete's childhood, we were just hungry) The name should have been enough to deter us, but oh no. Not us. We went right in and sat down. 

The atmosphere was your normal irish pub setup in the front, but then in the back, behind the service kitchen was a side room set up as a sushi bar. Yes, sushi. At an "irish pub." Weird. There were also three menus. There was the "pub" menu, which was all bar food, the "tavern" menu, which looked exactly like the "pub" menu, and the sushi menu, which was bigger than both of them, because you know, thats what they serve in a pub. Yes, I am serious. 

Not being deterred by this already strange situation, I decided to get the crabcake sandwich and new england clam "chowdah." Little did I realize that the big "thing" in LBI was "chowdahhh." It was everywhere, and every restaurant claimed they had the "award winning' recipe, even though they all tasted the same to me. 

Needless to say, the food was "okay" and we didn't go back. And I forgot to get a picture of the randomness. And I continued to eat chowdah everywhere we went for food. At some point, Pete starting saying chowdah in a JFK Boston accent, and everywhere we went he continued to order it in that voice. 

I know your all thinking WTF is she getting at here, but this is just the beginning. Next up I will tell you about what happened the rest of the weekend, and it only gets more interesting from here...



No comments:

Post a Comment