Monday, July 16, 2012

Weekend Recap: Canoeing, Shower, Wine and Brunch

This weekend was eventful. Probably because for me it started on Thursday. Yea, thats right.  Four day weekend. Boom. 

Actually, I spent Thursday doing laundry and having lunch with my mom and met some coworkers for din din. Friday is where it started to get interesting....

Since we both had off, Pete and I decided to go canoeing. We live near a river, and one of the local bars offers canoe and kayak rentals during the day. In retrospect, we should have each gotten a kayak. I should have known that within five minutes of being alone in the water, someone would think it was funny to start rocking the canoe back and forth to see if we fell in the water. That got old. REAL FAST. 

Not only did the canoe-rocking begin, but once we got out far enough, the water was actually really shallow (I'm talking less than two feet shallow) and our canoe got stuck. In the middle of the Schuylkill River. With no one else in sight. Obviously I made Pete get out and free the canoe from the shallow waters but even that was drama since his paddle started floating away and we almost got separated trying to grab it (me in the canoe and him in the river). After that, we got lost. As in, we missed the turn listed on the map (read: we couldn't FIND the turn listed on the map). 3.5 hours into what was supposed to be a 2 hour trip, we returned, had a beer, and went home. I don't think I ever want to go canoeing again. I didn't take any pictures because I didn't bring my camera due to my fear of my camera getting wet. Rightfully so. 

Saturday, afternoon I went to a baby shower for my co-worker. She is having a baby boy in September and I can't wait to meet him!  Here are some pictures:


Me, Sandra, and the gift I got her. Its in a Noah's ark gift bag because his name will be Noah!


Me and the lovely ladies I work with: Erica, Tracy, Sandra and me. (PS I don't know why my bangs are doing the "curtain" in these pictures. Time for a haircut I guess...)

Saturday night I went to a wine tasting in town. I impulsively bought a Groupon for it a while back, and almost forgot about it! Good thing I didn't because it was amazeballs. Seriously soo yummy and delish. I brought my friend Katie, and not only did we drink wine, we also snacked on food prepared by the winery to go with each wine. Again, delish delish delish. Of course, it wouldn't be a weekend night without drama. I got home and tripped coming up our stairs. Needless to say one of my wine bottles broke and there was wine everywhere. Red wine. The hubby was kind enough to clean it up for me though, and I just went to bed. I guess I owe him one. 


Me with my delish white Sangria!


 Katie with her wine purchases at the end of the night. They gave us a 20% off discount because we bought more than 6 bottles. Yea, were kinda a big deal.


Sunday morning I had brunch with my college pal Catherine who just moved back to the area. I didn't take any pictures, but since she is back now, I will be hanging out with her more and more, and eventually will get pics to prove it. As for the brunch, it was great to catch up, and the food was soo good. I got tomato and avocado eggs benedict. Nom. Nom. Nom. 


Did anyone else have as interesting a weekend as I did?! I'd love to hear about it!

1 comment:

  1. I am pretty sure we were ALL rockin Target outfits in the shower pix and I will say also we ALL wore it well! What what! Ok!!

    ReplyDelete